Dates, Peanuts and Chocolate cake
For the lovers of roasted peanuts I suggest this peanuts rich cake. This recipe is a copy paste from Houriate el Matbakh Program Season 2 at Fatafeat.com.
- 4 big eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 100 g butter, melted
- 150 g starch
- 180 g peanuts, roasted and ground
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 300 g Dates cut in small pieces
- 200 g chocolate chips
- Mix some flour with the dates and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Mix with some sugar and continue whipping until you get a meringue then leave aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the vanilla and the rest of the amount of sugar to double the size and the color is almost white.
- Gradually add the melted butter, then add the peanuts. Mix well
- Add baking powder, baking starch with a spoon with alternating with the white egg .
- Add a few dates and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture in a baking tin.
- Put over a few dates and chocolates chips and then the mixture and then dates and chocolate chips and so on.
- Bake in a hot oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes and reduce heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cooked and brown.