This is my first own Chicken terrine without gelatine..I am happy with the results despite a couple of mistakes. First of all I used creamed mushrooms which made the terrine look a bit soggy in the middle,,lol…but that’s all that I found in my cupboard lol ,,secondly this terrine is suppose to cool in the fridge for several hours or overnight but as I made it for last night’s dinner it had only 1 hour in the fridge. But overall it was delicious…
500g boneless chicken breast
1 tin. sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
4 bell Peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and minced chicken, parsley and season.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Roast the peppers.
- Steam the spinach until cooked.
- using a loaf or terrine pan put the chicken mixture, then a layer of spinach then the mushrooms and top up with the peppers.
- Repeat the layers. Finish with a layer of chicken
- Cover with parchment paper or foil.
- Place a heavy weight on top of the terrine while baking to compress the layers.
- Place the loaf pan in a larger pan and pour in water to make a water bath. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes in a preheated oven GM5
- Let the terrine cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate in pan for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, carefully turn the terrine out of the pan onto a platter and slice.