Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
Indulge yourself with this heavenly moist delicious, simple, nut-eggs free chocolate cake - perfect for celebrations - birthdays, weddings - any excuse!..
3 1/2 cups plain flour
2 1/4 cups caster sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
5 tablespoons Cocoa powder
185g butter melted
600 ml buttermilk
- 1- Sift the flour with the dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix thoroughly until it has an even colour
- 2- Stir in the melted butter then the buttermilk
- 3- Mix until well combined and smooth
- 4- Pour into a greased or lined cake tin
- 5- Bake in a preheated oven 180ºC / gas 4 for 45-60 min or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean
- 6- When the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 15 minutes.
- 7- This is a very versatile recipe: decorate with chocolate icing, buttercream icing or icing sugar or just leave it plain..as it is so good on it’s own…